Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Humbling

On Sunday night I dreamed all night long that I needed new tires on my car. I would wake up and go back to sleep and continue dreaming about NEW tires. In my dream I kept thinking how am I going to pay for these tires. A million and one things have came up and we are freaking broke. I woke up with that panicky feeling about how I was going to pay for them. Then I realized I just had my car inspected on Friday and it passed. I don't need new tires I thought to myself. Then I put that dream away and didn't think about it.

Blu came home from lunch and went out to the garage to look at my car. He kept getting this nagging feeling that he needed to check my car. I was going to to take the kids to Manti pool after lunch. Blu checked my tires and he found a big bubble in my tires with the wires poking through. He called his friend Mike to see if he could charge to his account for new tires and Blu called his mom to see if he could borrow the money to get the new tires. Both of them of course were willing to help us out. He took my car to work and I took his truck to Manti.

When Blu got home from work last night one of the guys he was breaking a horse for stopped by. He told Blu that he had done a great job with his horse and wanted to give him some more money to say thank you. Wouldn't you know it was just enough to put the new tires on my car.

Last night we talked about the day and I was balling and smiling all at the same time. Blu told me your dad was trying to tell you what you needed to do and when you wouldn't listen he came to me. Thank you dad for still taking care of me! And thank you heavenly father for answered prayers I didn't even know I needed yet!

1 comment:

Tevita and Jodi said...

Wow! Brought tears to my eyes! Glad you are all safe!